What happens if I can't make it? – THE CANCELLATION POLICY
- Ticket purchase is final. There are no refunds.
- With at least three weeks’ notice you can rearrange free of charge for any date within a year from when you purchased the tickets.
- Between three weeks and one week before the tour there will be a £10 fee per ticket to reschedule.
- Less than one week before the tour there is no date exchange possible but you will receive a 10% discount if you decide to rebook. You can transfer your tickets to someone else. Please provide us with details of the change.
- Can be found and purchased at www.chocolateecstasytours.com/gifts
- Are valid for a year from the date of purchase.
- When you purchase a gift certificate you will receive an image of the Golden Ticket and unique code to redeem the tickets.
- If you enter the email address of the recipient when purchasing, this email will also be sent to them, otherwise you can send it or print and give it to them whenever you are ready.
1. Search and select a tour you would like to attend and click to continue. Ticket codes for specific tours (usually starting with a V or 5) must be booked ONE at a time.
2. During the check out process there is a link on the payment page that instructs you to click if you have a discount code or voucher. Click this and in the box that appears enter your code. This will subtract the value of your gift certificate from the total. You can only use one code per order.
WITHOUT A CODE (from an alternative provider)
1. Please contact us with as much detail as possible. Including names, phone numbers and special requirements of all the guests. The chosen date and tour and all of the information relating to your voucher codes.
Private Tours and Tastings
Private tours and private chocolate tastings can be booked by contacting us and providing the following details:
- Number of people
– Date or dates interested in
– Desired start time
– Type of tour you are interested in
The maximum on a public tour is 8 guests. For private groups we can usually squeeze a few more, or bring two guides and split the groups for some of the locations that are too small to comfortably fit everyone (up to 26 guests - only available for one route). If we bring the chocolate to you for a tasting the group size can be as large as 50 guests.
More Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is a chocolate tour?
A delicious, expertly-guided and fun adventure through a beautiful neighbourhood, visiting the finest chocolate boutiques and sampling their specialities, learning about chocolate, about the area, and getting special discounts on chocolate treats purchased on the day.
The London Chocolate Tours have been described by some guests as 'a tour of London where you get to eat lots of incredible chocolate along the way'.
2. Who goes on a chocolate tour?
Anyone who enjoys eating chocolate, or wants to see (and taste!) the city in a different light. You don't have to be a chocolate connoisseur to come along (though you probably will be on your way to becoming one by the end!).
3. How long are the tours and how much do they cost?
All tours are subject to a £1.50 booking fee per ticket.
The Mayfair Chocolate Ecstasy Tour lasts three hours and costs £44 per person.
The Chelsea Chocolate Ecstasy Tour is approximately three and a half hours long and £49 per person.
The Evening Chocolate Ecstasy Tour is approximately three hours and £59 per person.
The Ice Cream Ecstasy Tour is two to two and a half hours long and costs £39 per person.
4. How many places do we visit?
This depends on the tour but you will visit at least four unique locations. We think quality is more important than quantity and want you to have an enjoyable experience rather than a race around town looking in windows. Our goal (and promise!) is that if you accept everything you're offered to taste then you will be completely chocolate-ed out by the end of the tour! We can provide substitutes for allergies or strong dislikes if you let us know in advance.
5. How much walking is involved?
Never more than 1.5 miles (2km) on a public tour. All tours start by sitting down with a hot chocolate (or coffee, on the Coffee & Chocolate Tour) for at least 40 minutes. This is a luxurious chocolate experience, not a hike. Though if you want a long walk around London we can definitely arrange it – it’s a beautiful city for walking!
The Mayfair Chocolate Tour has the most walking, there are no more seated stops after the hot chocolate and total walking time is around 30 minutes.
The Evening Chocolate Tour and the Chelsea Chocolate Tours are approximately 60% walking/standing and 40% seated.
6. What should I wear?
Comfortable shoes. Clothing that is sensible for walking outside in the city.
7. What should I bring?
Yourself, some money if you want to buy any chocolates to take home, the Chocolate Ecstasy Tours contact number sent in your reminder (in case you get held up), a sense of humour and a love of chocolate!
8. Do I need to bring my ticket or receipt with me?
No, but it's a good idea to.
9. Are the tours suitable for children?
The tours are aimed at adults but children can join in if they are accompanied by adults. The longest distance we walk between shops takes about fifteen minutes. Because the tours are small groups there is typically no discount for children.
10. Are there any additional costs?
We provide everything you should need for a comfortable and fun few hours and enough chocolate to have you full by the end of the tour without purchasing more (though we can't guarantee you won't want more the next day!).
A travel card is advised to get to the meeting point and away because the routes start and finish in different places, but we do not take public transport during the tour.
You may want to take advantage of the discounts arranged just for members of the tour so you can keep enjoying your favourites in the days to come, or give gifts to absent friends.
Gratuities to your guide are optional.
11. What happens if it rains/snows/is really hot?
The tours will run regardless of weather (national disasters pending!). England is gorgeous at every time of year! If it's hot we can usually substitute the hot chocolate for an iced chocolate drink or chocolate ice cream. If it snows the hot chocolate will warm you up before we set off. We do suggest you bring appropriate clothes for the weather, and an umbrella if you think it will rain.
12. Will there be any more tour dates than what I can see on the schedule?
We do add new dates and times on a fairly regular basis. If there are any dates you would like to attend a public tour please email or call and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
Please be aware not every date on the calendar will go ahead. They are pending minimum numbers. It is very rare when we have to cancel a tour (fewer than 10 times in 12 years!) and if this is the case we will offer alternative dates or provide you with a full refund (gift voucher bookings are non refundable).
13. What stores will we visit?
Top quality chocolate stores in the area the tour is in, ranging from traditional English, to more modern and some European ones. There are some examples of itineraries on blogs and newspapers you might encounter but the shops we visit are subject to change. We also like it to be a surprise where possible! Please be assured we are constantly reviewing the tours in order to offer the best experience possible. We like to have variety, excellent products and excellent service on each tour, including some places even locals might not yet have been! Sometimes we will visit a shop that isn’t specifically a chocolate shop but does offer an outstanding product we think you should sample.
14. Can I buy a gift voucher?
Yes. Please go to www.chocolateecstasytours.com/gifts
15. Do you do other tours or events?
Absolutely! Please see our page on Workshops & Tastings! If you have a suggestion for an event or tour you're interested in, or another enquiry, please get in touch via email, phone, Twitter or Facebook.
16. Is the tour suitable for people in wheelchairs/with difficulty walking?
There are some steps on the tour and so far only people in wheelchairs who are able to walk up some stairs have attended before. Please contact us if you have specific questions or would like to discuss.
17. Is the tour suitable for people with allergies/intolerances?
We cannot guarantee the absence of allergens and all guests participate at their own risk.
Please let us know in advance if you have allergies/intolerances or specific dislikes or diets. With advance notice we can sometimes provide substitutes where relevant for gluten and lactose intolerances and for people who avoid alcohol. All shops do stock nut-products and cannot guarantee any nut-free products.
18. I didn't receive a ticket, what happened?
You will not receive a physical ticket in the mail unless requested at the checkout. You will receive by email either information or an invitation to download the golden ticket. Please check your junk mail if you can't locate the email confirmation. Receivers of the Golden Ticket can book their preferred date online using the code given when purchasing a gift certificate (see above).
We hope we covered your question! If not, please click here to request further information.
What happens if I can't make it? – THE CANCELLATION POLICY