Chocolate Tours and Tastings for School Groups
Looking for an educational experience on Chocolate - covering the history of chocolate and how it's made and what fair trade really means?
Chocolate tours can be tailored from a 1 hour tasting and educational experience to a 3 hour tour or longer.
We regularly visit schools to deliver interactive chocolate experiences. Chocolate is part of the Key Stage 2 (KS2) lesson plan for Years 2 to 4 in many UK primary schools and we can help to bring it to life for your students in a fun and unique way.
What the school visit chocolate sessions typically include:
· Visit from a BRC-certificate holding chocolate expert who is excellent with children
· Explanation with props (real cocoa pod and beans) of how cocoa is made into chocolate
· Education of chocolate – history, processes and facts (slideshow of images plus a short video)
· Introduction to tasting chocolate "as a professional" – three squares of chocolate per child (different types to explain the difference, but not so much that we leave you with children that are too sugar-filled!)
· A modern twist on a version of 18th Century hot chocolate will be made in front of the class for each student to sample
· Quiz (optional)
These tastings typically last 1 hour and 15 minutes with a maximum of thirty students per class. We can conduct up to three classes in a day. Please contact us with your requirements or any questions!
"Thank you for a very informative afternoon about chocolate....the children loved it."
Smaller groups of older children or adults studying chocolate/food can be a more in depth tasting or a tour of London that visits locations where chocolate is being made and will include local history information as well as more sampling.