What happens if I can't make it? – THE CANCELLATION POLICY
- Ticket purchase is final. There are no refunds.
- With at least three weeks’ notice you can rearrange free of charge for any date within a year from when you purchased the tickets.
- Between three weeks and one week before the tour there will be a £10 fee per ticket to reschedule.
- Less than one week before the tour there is no date exchange possible but you will receive a 10% discount if you decide to rebook. You can transfer your tickets to someone else. Please provide us with details of the change.
- Can be found and purchased at chocolateecstasytours.com/gifts - Are valid for a year from the date of purchase. For online tastings we will be running one a month from September 2021 to January 2022 (possibly longer)
- Are redeemed by entering the code in the "Discount Code" section during checkout or by contacting us if the ticket was bought through another retailer.
Private Tours and Tastings
Private tours and private chocolate tastings can be booked by contacting us and providing the following details:
– Number of people
– Date or dates interested in
– Desired start time
– Type of tour you are interested in
For larger groups we may need to change the route or might suggest a private tasting.
More Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is a chocolate tour? A delicious, expertly-guided and fun adventure through a beautiful neighbourhood, visiting the finest chocolate boutiques and sampling their specialities, learning about chocolate, about the area, and getting special discounts on chocolate treats purchased on the day.
1a. What is a Mystery Chocolate Tasting? An online Zoom chat hosted by founder Jennifer Earle. Before the session chocolates are posted to you without any indication what's inside (except an allergy declaration!). During the Zoom call we'll taste together and reveal what amazing artisan creations you've been sent. Jen is fussy so they'll all be super high quality and a range of flavours and textures. Please contact us in advance for dietary considerations to see if we can accommodate!
The London Chocolate Tours have been described by some guests as 'a tour of London where you get to eat lots of incredible chocolate along the way'.
2. Who goes on a chocolate / ice cream / sweet treats tour?
Anyone! As long as you enjoy food, you'll have a great time. There's fun history and a friendly guide - you will see the city in a way you wouldn't wandering on your own - plus get to try lots more and learn new things!
3. How long are the tours and how much do they cost?
The Mayfair Chocolate Ecstasy Tour lasts approximately three hours and costs £48 per person. The Chelsea Sweet Treats Adventure is approximately three and a half hours long and £54 per person. The Evening Chocolate Ecstasy Tour is approximately three hours (sometimes a little longer) and is £65 per person. The Ice Cream Ecstasy Tour is approximately two and a half hours long and costs £43 per person.
4. How many places do we visit?
This depends on the tour but you will visit at least four unique locations. Our goal (and promise!) is that if you accept everything you're offered to taste then you will be completely chocolate-ed (or ice-creamed or sweet-treated) out by the end of the tour! We can usually provide substitutes for allergies or strong dislikes if you let us know in advance.
We only want to take you to quality places and don't think good chocolate should be rushed.
5. How much walking is involved?
Never more than 1.5 miles (2km) on a public tour. All tours start by sitting down for at least 40 minutes. This is a luxurious tasting experience, not a hike. Though if you want a long walk around London we can definitely arrange it on a private tour – it’s a beautiful city for walking!
The Evening Chocolate Tour is the most leisurely with approximately 60% walking/standing and 40% seated.
6. What should I wear?
Comfortable shoes. Clothing that is sensible for walking outside in the city. On the Evening Tour we finish in a nice bar. Please don't bring large bags with you - it'll just be annoying for you!
7. What should I bring?
Yourself, some money if you want to buy any chocolates to take home, the Chocolate Ecstasy Tour guide's contact number sent in your reminder (in case you get held up) and a love of adventure!
8. Do I need to bring my ticket or receipt with me?
No, but it's a good idea to.
9. Are the tours suitable for children?
The tours are aimed at adults but children can join in if they are accompanied by adults. The longest distance we walk between shops takes about fifteen minutes. Because the tours are small groups there is typically no discount for children.
Please do not bring children on the tour without booking a ticket for them. This includes children in prams. The tour groups are kept small because the locations we visit are small and prams don't fit comfortably along with the other guests. If a tour is underbooked this may not be a problem, please just reach out and ask.
10. Are there any additional costs?
We provide everything you should need for a comfortable and fun few hours and enough treats to have you full by the end of the tour without purchasing more (though we can't guarantee you won't want more the next day!).
A travel card is advised to get to the meeting point and away because the routes start and finish in different places, but we do not take public transport during the standard tours.
You may want to take advantage of the discounts arranged just for members of the tour so you can keep enjoying your favourites in the days to come, or give gifts to friends.
Gratuities to your guide are optional and, of course, always appreciated.
11. What happens if it rains/snows/is really hot?
The tours will run whatever the weather (national disasters pending!). England is gorgeous at every time of year! If it's hot we can usually substitute the hot chocolate for an iced chocolate drink or chocolate ice cream. Even the ice cream tour is fun in the snow - the shops are cosy inside and often quieter than in the summer! We do suggest you bring appropriate clothes for the weather, and an umbrella if you think it will rain.
12. Will there be any more tour dates than what I can see on the schedule?
We do add new dates and times on a fairly regular basis. If there are any dates you would like to attend a public tour please email or call and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
Please be aware not every date on the calendar will go ahead. They are pending minimum numbers. It is very rare when we have to cancel a tour (fewer than 10 times in 13 years!) and if this is the case we will offer alternative dates or provide you with a full refund (gift voucher bookings are non refundable).
13. What stores will we visit?
Top quality chocolate stores in the area the tour is in, ranging from traditional English, to more modern and some European ones. There are some examples of itineraries on blogs and newspapers you might encounter but the shops we visit are subject to change. We also like it to be a surprise where possible! Please be assured we are constantly reviewing the tours in order to offer the best experience possible. We like to have variety, excellent products and excellent service on each tour, including some places even locals might not yet have been! Sometimes we will visit a shop that isn’t specifically a chocolate shop but does offer an outstanding product we think you should sample.
14. Can I buy a gift voucher?
Yes! Please go to chocolateecstasytours.com/gifts
15. Do you do other tours or events?
Absolutely! Please see our page on Workshops & Tastings!
If you have a suggestion for an event or tour you're interested in, or another enquiry, please get in touch via email, phone, Twitter or Facebook.
16. Is the tour suitable for people in wheelchairs/with difficulty walking?
We recommend if you have challenges with walking or standing for long periods or are only able to walk slowly then you book a private tour for maximum enjoyment. Our guides and shops are very accommodating and will be able to offer the most support with notice and for a private tour.
Unfortunately we regret that wheelchair access is impossible on most of our routes.
Please contact us if you have specific questions or would like to discuss.
17. Is the tour suitable for people with allergies/intolerances?
We cannot guarantee the absence of allergens and all guests participate at their own risk.
Please let us know in advance if you have allergies/intolerances or specific dislikes or diets. With advance notice we can sometimes provide substitutes where relevant for gluten and lactose intolerances and for people who avoid alcohol. All shops do stock nut-products and cannot guarantee any nut-free products.
18. I didn't receive a ticket, what happened?
You will not receive a physical ticket in the mail unless requested at the checkout. There is a fee for this. Please check your junk mail if you can't locate the email confirmation. Receivers of the Golden Ticket can book their preferred date online using the code given when purchasing a gift certificate (see above).
19. Can I bring my pet on the tour?
Unfortunately not. We personally love animals, but even well behaved pets are not allowed in all the locations we visit and may cause distress to other guests.
We hope we covered your question! If not, please click here to request further information.